Friday, April 29, 2011

Smelling the heavens...


Trachelospermum jasminoides,
otherwise known as Confederate Jasmine,
has a heady though heavenly fragrance.
This wonderful jasmine will bloom best
in sun to partially shaded areas.


The flowers are sweetly fragrant,
about 1" in diameter, 5-petaled,
cream-white in some blooms. 


Evergreen Confederate Jasmine prefers moist, well drained soil.

This blooming niche...


...needs a wonderful fountain to complete it


Isn't this the cutest little blue cottage?
(I'm not sure where I got this pic, but if it's yours email me and I'll give you credit)


As a vine, Confederate Jasmine can be utilized to cover
fences, arbors, trellises, fences, mailboxes, or posts.
It can also be grown as a spreading shrub or groundcover,
1½ to 2 feet tall and 4 to 5 feet wide.

Be sure you put it where it receive the most foot-traffic.
Its fragrance and appearance must be frequently appreciated...
...why would you want to waste smelling heaven?

Be warned though, the bees do love them!

3 comments:

  1. I want a Confederate Jasmine now! Thanks for the tip, i'll be on the lookout for one...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm installing a confederate jasmine blanket over and down the entry to my coastal home in Atlantic Beach FL tomorrow. When completed, I hope that it will have the same lush visual appeal of your topmost photo! Would you like to see before and after images?

    Cordially,Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm installing a confederate jasmine blanket over and down the entry to my coastal home in Atlantic Beach FL tomorrow. When completed, I hope that it will have the same lush visual appeal of your topmost photo! Would you like to see before and after images?

    Cordially,Steven

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you visiting me and leaving a comment.
I try to reply to all of them. If you like what you see, please add yourself to my following. I will do the same in return. I love new friends!