Monday, May 2, 2011

Quiet moments


When was the last time you spent a quiet
moment just doing nothing-
just sitting and looking at the sea,
or watching the wind blowing tree limbs,
or waves rippling on a pond,
a flickering candle or
children playing in the park?
~Ralph Marston


I love this park....lots of room to run.
Shade and sun.
Grassy areas and gravel areas. 



Aren't the colors happy looking?
Lots of different textures too!



So many developmental challenges to tackle...
even a rock wall to climb...a puppet show stage
...and a tic-tac-toe game.
Balance pods. Binoculars.
A ships/cars steering wheel


I love the all lines of the design. 



A big shady pavilion to cook and eat lunch in too!


Back in those trees,
there's a winding, shallow creek. 


Lots of wonderful large trees.
Various oaks, pecans, and bald cypress
provide the cool shade.
We even made new friends...


He's tolerant of us...
just watching us watch him.


He wiggles his nose and flicks his ears
but stays still...watching. 
He then moves higher in the tree...
and looks back down at us.


He goes on gathering nuts
while we go on to
observe ants moving in a line
up the tree trunk. 

There's so much to do when you are four!

2 comments:

  1. Nice day in the park is always good for the soul. I wanted to tell you that the pillow you liked on my french bistro chair was purchased at a Home Goods store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how sweet. I miss times like these. They seem few and far between these days. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and observe what's around us!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you visiting me and leaving a comment.
I try to reply to all of them. If you like what you see, please add yourself to my following. I will do the same in return. I love new friends!