Tuesday, March 29, 2011

50 Random Things

50 Random Things


I found this on Whispers of Renaissance blog and thought it was a good way to get to know someone. It is 50 random things about yourself. So here is goes in no specific order ...

1. I'm an only child

2. Both of my parents are only children too

3. I have four children. Two biological, born of my womb...and two adopted, born of my heart.

4. I have two dogs. A chihuahua, Riley, and a shih-tzu, Jaden.

5. We have three goldfish...in a hundred gallon aquarium. They are the last left from a bunch we used to have. I am past ready for them to go to fish heaven so I can get rid of that tank and not have to clean it anymore.

6. My favorite color is blue.

7. I am also crazy about pink...and my friend Mary loves to tease me about it.

8. I am a girly-girl...hence my love of pink.

9. I love to do laundry. I find it relaxing.

10. I hate to dust. It comes right back and it drives my allergies nuts to stir it up.

11. I love to clean the kitchen. I LOVE a clean kitchen.

12. I hate to vacuum. See #10

13. I took ballet 12 years.

14. I love thunderstorms and the smell of rain.

15. My favorite perfume is Shalimar but I usually wear Angel because it's Blue Eyes favorite on me.

16. I adore lace and pearls.

17. Crystal and the way light plays off of it makes my heart sing.

18. Hot baths rock!

19. My hair is naturally curly and black...though it is rapidly turning silver.

20. I love vintage quilts and monogrammed linens.

21. I like to polish sterling silver. It's like laundry, it relaxes me.

22. I stink at washing windows and mirrors. I can not seem to get the streaks off of them.

23. I'm not too great at ironing either. After I iron something, it rarely looks much better than before I started.  Thank God for dry cleaners!

24. My favorite snack is chips with salsa.

25. My first doll was named Two-Five. Seemed like a great idea at the time. I was two. I still have her.

26. When I grew up I always wanted to be a wife and a mommy. Wish granted!

27.  I love the smell of baby powder.

28. Stained glass is one of my favorites.

29. I was a big Barbie girl. I had tons of Barbie stuff.

30. I love garage sales, thrift stores, estate sales, etc. Upcycle is so fun!

31. I studied horticulture in school and used to own a small landscape business.

32. I love a full moon.

33.  I have a nasty temper but it takes a lot to set it off.

34. I'm tenacious when I get my mind set on something.

35. I drive a VW. Used to be a Beetle...now it's a Routan.

36. I love design.

37. I could spend hour after hour in a museum...

38. ...or a library...or bookstore.

39. When I get anxious...or sick in the pit of my stomach...I need to change my life or my path in it.

40. My favorite flower is the tuberose.

41. I like to be alone but fear being lonely.

42.  I'm complicated...Barefoot is best....but I love to buy shoes...

43. ...I rarely eat at the table...but love to love to buy table linens and dishes.

44. You can never have enough sheets...high thread count, of course.

45. Icy cold milk is the bomb...especially with hot homemade cookies or pie.

46. Wonders why any society values one skin color, hair color, gender or body type more than another?

47. I love iced tea.

48. Nothing beats an vintage cotton chenille cover for a nap.

49. LOVE naps!

50. My eyes are sometimes brown and sometimes green.


Now lets see 50 random things about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you visiting me and leaving a comment.
I try to reply to all of them. If you like what you see, please add yourself to my following. I will do the same in return. I love new friends!